Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Strawberry Picking...another MDS page



Last weekend my kids and I went strawberry picking. It is such a fun outing. There are many farms in our area to choose from but we like Johnson's Corner Farm. They have lots of fun events, such as bouncing areas, play yards, hay mazes, and a petting zoo just to name a few of the attractions to choose from. There was a live band and a barbeque going on. Okay, so yes it is a money pit but well worth it. We don't do all of the events, usually the hayride and one other thing. On this particular day our focus was strawberries, so the kids got to go on a hayride out to the fields where there are rows and rows of runners filled with juicy red strawberries. I love that the kids get to see how the strawberries grow, then choose the most ripest ones, and pick them right from the plant. They had fun being selective, knowing these would become part of that nights dessert - yummy strawberry shortcake.

For my pages I kept the same layout and just changed the pics. The little green bushes are from the scalloped circle. I lightened the color for two of them for variation. There is a story behind the bear my son had for the picture. That will be featured on an upcoming page.

I hope you like them.

Thanks for stopping by...now go stamp something.

No comments: