Saturday, November 22, 2008

It's A Birthday!

Yesterday my step-son, Jason turned 15! He is with us on weekends only, so we didn't get to celebrated him until today. It is hard for me to wrap my hands around the fact that it has been 12 years and 10 months since I first met him. It was my second date with his father (my husband). We were on our way to a family party for a friend of my then new boyfriend. We stopped off to pick up his son. I was thinking...WOW... he wants me to meet his son already? He came back to the car with the cutest little boy who had the brightest eyes and a perfect smile! One of the major reasons that I fell in love with my husband was due to how attentive and affectionate he was with his son. I found it to be a big plus on my mental "future husband," checklist.



So, today, before my husband returned home from picking up Jason, my 7 year old daughter and four year old son helped me stamp a quick card for the birthday boy. I used one of my most recent and favorite layouts....one designed by Beate If I need a card in a hurry...this is the one I am pulling out of my little bag of "cases". I used a piece of the wrapping paper for the print paper piece. It is from Sally Foster. I bought it last year from a fundraiser through my work. I just love Sally Foster wrapping paper! All other materials and supplies are from Stampin' Up!.

Card Recipe:
Stamp sets: Wanted, Warmest Regards
Cardstock: Chocolate Chip, Very Vanilla
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Creamy Caramel
Accessories: linen ribbon

Thanks for stopping by...Now go stamp something!

No comments: