Sunday, August 16, 2009

Camp Rocks


































I made this journal for my daughter who is leaving tomorrow...well today...for a week of overnight camp. This is going to be her first overnight experience. I am so very proud of her for wanting to go and a bit nervous about it at the same time. I want her to have fun. I want everyone to like her. I shouldn't worry, she is such an outgoing child so different than I ever was at her age or even am now.

For her journal I used the On Board Art Journal. I created sections to organize the different activities she will be involved in while at camp. I also wrote lots of sentence starters to help get her writing to flow so she can adequately document those stand out moments of her first camping experience. There are also pages that are picture ready. She will be taking a camera to capture some of her special moments. I used a retired dsp from SU! some buttons, ribbon, chipboard letters, craft ink, iridescent ice, and lots of my punches. I hope she likes it. I am leaving on the coffee table in the family room. She is always first to wake and this way she can peruse it in private.

Thanks for stopping by...now go stamp something!

2 comments:

Emily said...

Hi Maureen

It's Emily, I met you at convention awards night. I just happened upon your blog by looking through SCS. I'm so glad I found it. You have way cute projects! I'll be visiting often.

Tiffany Apple said...

Too cute! I wish I had made one of these for my girls when they went to camp. Great idea! She will cherish it when she gets older.