Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Awesome Layer Effect!




This was a fun card to make. This was a technique I saw on a fellow stamper's youtube video and I thought I just had to try it. I am so very glad that I gave it a go! To make this card I cut out a rectangle, 3-3/4" X 5" from white copier paper.  I created a frame with my rectangle by tearing out the inside, thereby creating a smaller rectangle inside of the larger rectangle. I then used 2-way glue around the edges of the inner rectangle. I sat my rectangle aside to let it dry. When 2-way glue is left on a surface to dry, it becomes an adhesive equal to that of a post it. Once I had my "post it" rectangular frame, I centered it on a 4" X 5-1/4" piece of whisper white card stock. I used my sponge daubers and my River Rock, Old Olive, and Baja Blue Classic ink and applied ink in the center of my frame. I inked the center with the River Rock, then inked the top with Old Olive and the bottom with Baja Blue. I gently pulled off my frame revealing a lovely tri-colored, misshaped rectangle. This became my background on the card as well as a frame. It created the appearance of an additional layer.  I made this card for my son's friend's birthday. This card uses the retired Extreme Skateboarder. I can't seem to let go of this stamp. It was and still is my favorite stamp set for creating a card for a boy's birthday.



Here is another card using the same very fun technique.  I think I actually made this one first. I found this technique to be a lot of un and easy too! Recently, I tried it with some of my other favorite colors.

Thanks for stopping by, now go spark some creativity!

No comments: