Friday, July 31, 2009

Month by Month On Board journal














































For each of my children, I took their picture every month of their first year on their birth date. I got this idea from a co-worker of mine. I write out the particular month on a 5X8 card or any size piece of paper that is handy. place my baby on a specially chosen blanket for this occasion and thus the tradition was adopted into our family. I am so happy to be able to look back and see their monthly growth. This book is the most in depth of them all. The others are neatly placed in a small album with very little writing. I am sure in time I will update the look of my older children's books.

To create my son's book I used Stampin' UP!'s On Board Art Journal. I kept the pages simple, wanting the picture to be the real focal point. I used a retired Simply Scrappin' Kit. I love the fun colors of this set and thought it would be perfect for my energetic little guy.

For the cover I used the On Board Timeless Type Chipboard Alphabet. I covered it with Chocolate Chip craft ink and then embossed it with Iridescent Ice embossing powder. I am really happy with how it turned out. Throughout the whole process, my eight year old daughter kept picking it up and reading each new entry.

The first page shows a picture of me with my very pregnant belly just before heading out to the hospital to give birth. In a weird and border crazy way I miss that belly!

The book is just about complete with one small problem.....I can't find my son's eight month picture!!!! I may resort to just picking a picture of him taken during that month. Yikes! I am only including a few of the inside pages so as to not bore anyone.

Enjoy...Thanks for stopping by...now go stamp something.

No comments: