Friday, July 17, 2009

A Family Reunion Welcome


















I'm Back!
Here is a card I stamped to welcome family members to this years' family reunion. These cards were placed in these cool backpack bags we had for all of the adults and the bigger kids. I t was cute seeing so many people sporting their bags. My daughter is sporting the one on the right and my brother's son is sporting his on the left.


Well, it has been awhile.Somehow when summer approaches I am under the illusion that I will somehow miraculously have more time for crafting and blogging. WRONG! Just because I am not working outside the home for 10 summer weeks doesn't mean more free time. My kids and I have been more busier than ever! First we began with a 2-week themed summer camp for my 2 middle ones (dinosaur camp and clay and pottery camp), leaving the youngest one of all staying at home for camp Mommy time. This included trips to the park/playground, Philadelphia Zoo, Please Touch Museum, swimming, biking, and other little fun stuff. They loved these two weeks but these weeks exhausted me. I could bore you with the rest, I won't. Just know each day left me more tired than the rest. I resolved to leave today for minimal effort...no swim club, beach or anything today. We will just BE today.

Amidst all of this fun, my sister and I have been working on our family reunion. So during camp time I was also busy preparing and finalizing things. I stamped welcome cards to put in the reunion bags that housed all of the information for the weekend. I wanted to include something hand stamped to show our appreciation for them joining us for the family reunion. Usually we travel to Ohio, but this year they traveled to us.

For the card I used:
Stamp set: Warm Words
Cardstock: Whisper White, Basic Gray and retired Urban Garden designer series paper
Ink: Basic Gray

No comments: