Monday, June 29, 2009

A Rainy Day Wedding


I made this wedding card for a colleague of my husbands who was getting married. A couple of weeks ago, my husband and I had the pleasure of attending their wedding. It was one of the most beautiful wedding ceremonies I've witnessed. This wedding was held outdoors in between rain showers. The couple took everything in stride and I think this added to the beauty of the day. When the sun came out it shone beautifully with the clearest blue skies. Within a half hour the rain was back finding the bride and groom under a trellis continuing on as if the sun wasn't covered with grey clouds. In the end it did clear up but it really didn't matter. Everyone was having fun. The reception was under a tent and the food was delicious! One of the best things about a rainy outdoor wedding is the absence of mosquitos.

I enjoyed making this card but don't look too close, I really need to invest in a larger die cut oval. Come to think of it, I just might own one. I believe it is still in its' plastic shrink wrap. I must investigate this asap.

Card Recipe:
Cardstock: Basic Gray, Whisper White, pretty in pink
ink: Pretty in pink
Stamp set: Upsy Daisy and Hugs & Wishes
Accessories: Gray striped ribbon (SU! District, Ribbon Originals)

Well, thanks for stopping by...now go stamp something!
Have a great day!

1 comment:

Aimee said...

Very pretty...love the pink and gray together. :)