Saturday, September 11, 2010

Wicked Fun!



I have seen so many super cute cards using the Wicked Cool stamp set. Seeing so many cool cards on the web inspired me to try it out for my September workshops. The ladies at my first workshop this month, had lots of fun using markers to color in the witches boots and stockings. I also used the Got Treats stamp set to provide a different stamping option for those who don't celebrate Halloween. They used markers to color in the cupcake and the wording as well. I am so glad I took the time to do this because half of the guest chose the birthday card option to create.

Card Recipe:
stamp set: Wicked Cool, Got Treats
Card stock: Crumb Cake, Cajun Craze, Whisper White, Old Olive
Ink/Markers: Cajun Craze, Old Olive, Basic Black
Accessories: Grosgrain ribbon, staples

I hope you like the simplicity of my "workshop" card. I made a very conscious effort to make cards that did not require ribbon tying. My guests appreciated not having to tie anything, although personally I LOVE a bit of ribbon tied around a card. It usually gives any card a little bit of unmph to add to the cute factor.

Well, thanks for stopping by...now go stamp something beautiful!

Maureen

No comments: