Saturday, December 28, 2013

Banners!!!!!!!


 Stampin' Up! is always on trend. Look at the beautiful holiday colors that came in this Christmas Banner Simply Created Accessory kit! (132697) A few weeks ago I held a Banner class. This is a sample of the banner we made.
 Here is a closer look at the lollies. These were fun to make. It was the first time for each of the ladies. One thing I added that wasn't in the Banners kit, is the silver glimmer snowflake using the Festive Flurries stamp set (131778) and dies (132193) from the Holiday catalog. Purchase them a a bundle and save 15% (133284).
The trickiest part was getting the lollies to stay attached to the twine. First, I tried sticky strip above and below the twine on a 2- 1/2" circle....but that didn't last, so a hot glue gun was definitely needed for durability. We also used it on the buttons and ribbon....pretty much to attach just about everything.
I wish I had taken pictures of how beautiful the ladies banners turned out. I chose to use the word Peace. One stamper created a snow banner and I think there was a holly one too! They all turned out really well. We learned that they were very portable. When the banners were done and hot glue had cooled we were able to fold them over and place them in zip loc bags to transport them away.
Since most of our house is decorated in red and gold, I decided to hang my banner in our dining room. It's perfect on the china cabinet. I got lots of compliments on it on Christmas day. I think I will make a snow one just so I can have another one to hang here for just a bit longer. Have you made a banner yet? Leave a comment with a link to a picture of yours. I would love to see what others have come up with.

Thanks for stopping by...now go create something!

Maureen
Shop my online store 24/7.

No comments: