Monday, June 17, 2013

A Boy's Birthday

I always have the hardest time coming up with ideas for boy cards so boy was I happy when I came across this card on Heather Summer's blog. I made a couple of changes but it is pretty much the same as her original. Making this card gave me the opportunity to use a variety of product that I have and don't always add to a card. I used the Hexagon folder to dry emboss the black card stock, making the background fun and interesting. I also ran whisper white card stock through the Big spot in the Hexagon folder and cut out the hexagons. In addition, I used the 3" circle and the 2- 1/2" circle which created some texture and interest to the card. I ran the 2-1/2" inch circle through with the stripes embossing folder. I also added some washi tape...a first for me on a card!

I made this card for a seven year old (I am sure you figured that part out for yourself ha-ha!) Hope he likes it.

Thanks for stopping by...now go create something!

No comments: