Friday, June 21, 2013

Baby Shower Invitation - MDS-Hybrid Style

Happy First Day of Summer! It's also my first day home for summer break! One of the perks of being a teacher. My own kids started their summer break 4 days ago. Thank goodness for grandparents...my father in-law came over all four of the days to keep charge of my little ones while I finished up my school year. Now I am so happy to just breathe a bit deeper, stamp and create a bit more, and refresh my energy level for the start of the next school year.

Speaking of stamping a bit more, here is some MDS-Hybrid (My Digital Studio) to share. I was asked to create baby invitations for my husband's cousin. She is expecting a little girl later this summer. We are all so excited for her and her growing family. I used MDS and it was such a great time saver. I found a layout that was already created. I swapped out the colors and the background papers to make it fit with the color combination that I was given. The top layer is the finished MDS design. I printed them out, added some Kiwi Kiss retired ribbon and layered it on Kiwi Kiss retired card stock. I also used some Crystal Effects on the A,B,C blocks to add some dimension. What makes a card/project a hybrid is when you take a digital creation, print it out and add other product to it. For this invitation I added additional card stock, ribbon, and Crystal Effects.

This was so much fun and easy to create. MDS makes everything a bit easier. If I mess up, I just click and delete and add something else. I really like that! Have you gotten started with your MDS yet? Try the 30 day free trial HERE.

Recipe:
Little Additions stamp set
Hello Baby Embellishments and Background papers
Kiwi Kiss Card stock
Kiwi Kiss Ribbon
Crystal Effects

Thanks for stopping by...now go create something!


No comments: