Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Stampin' Up! Convention Talk

Well, what a morning I have had. I am a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator which is one of the best decisions I have ever made and believe that I will always feel this way. That said, each year Stampin' Up! has a convention where demonstrators come together and share, learn, connect and just have some stamping fun! Yesterday was the first day of registration for the convention. I pretty much forgot... until my downline called. I easily went online and registered for convention while she did hers too. We both got in no problem.

Now for the story. Today is the first day that we can book a room from the blocked rooms.....so I was trying to book a hotel room for the convention on Stampin' Up!'s website. I logged on just before 9:00am ET and started calling the Housing bureau simoultaneously. Neither worked for me! In between this I was also trying to do my job... at work!!! I was becoming a mess as I frantically searched and searched for the link for the hotels.... not to be found. I decided to check out Splitcoast where I found out that I was not alone in this frantic quest. Many people were searching for the link and also on hold with the housing bureau. Finally someone found SU!'s link and posted it on splitcoast. That was so very helpful and kind. I logged on that way.... still not seeing it on SU!'s website. And I found no rooms available for the time frame I needed. At that same time I got through to housing who confirmed... no blocked rooms left. The woman on the phone was ever so nice. She gave me so much information to help me find another hotel room...yes higher rates. But it is what it is.

I must also tell you that 2 months ago I did actually book a room in Utah (at a hotel not on the blocked list) because I did want to ensure myself and my (1) downline a room to share. I first tried for the hotel across the street from the convention center and at that time, 2 months ago they did not have rooms available then. I am sure that the blocked ones were sitting pretty and waiting for today. so I decided to book a room a couple of blocks away as a "Just in case!" I was hoping to get one of the blocked rooms across from the convention center but you all know the ending to this story. So, I am saying this to say that I am glad that I booked earlier when I did although it is going to cost me a pretty penny.

Well, at least I can say that I am off to convention. Here is last years' photo of me in Denver..... so much fun! I hope you all find your rooms at great prices where ever you can. Good Luck!




No comments: