Monday, September 19, 2011

19 pages of Scrapbooking...

19 pages of scrapbooking really sounds like a lot doesn't it? Well, for the last couple of weeks I've been working on just that. An album of 19 fun scrapbook pages for an exchange student from Thailand. I designed most of the pages and she will get to add her photos to them so she can record her memories of her year in America. Her host family has a seven year old that plays on the same soccer team as my seven year old. The mom of the host family and I brainstormed a variety of themes to include in the book. I will share a couple of the pages each day for the next several days until all are shared.

I always find it challenging to get things to stick on the linen album cover. How does one decorate it? Add some ribbon and then what? Please leave a comment if you have any ideas to make a cover a bit more interesting. I added ribbon some twine and a chipboard tag with the student's name. I also put a button on the tag and I covered the holes on the button with a couple of rhinestones just to give it some sparkle. (It is hard to see it in this photo.)
As far as the Thailand page I was going to add some chopsticks to the side of the page because I thought it would look cute, but then my husband asked, "Are you sure they use chopsticks in Thailand?" which then gave me pause so I didn't put them on. A picture could go nicely on this page to recognize and acknowledge the country she calls home.
This welcome layout was pretty much copied from a design made by my second level upline, Gail Murray. We made pages very much like these at one of her classes and I thought they would work perfectly for a Welcome to America layout. I made some very slight changes such as color, stamps, and paper for the purposes of this book and because of the availability of supplies but the idea is all Gail's.
One of the themes we decided on was a school page. I used her school colors, my Sizzlits Dies for the heading, and I even included the school mascot too! She can stick her pictures wherever she likes and get some journaling done on the white square. I hope she likes these pages because I sure do:-)


Thanks for stopping by...now go stamp something!

Maureen

No comments: