Friday, September 2, 2011

Our Days With Copper


Our dog for a week in MDS.

As summer comes to a close and school starts back I am hoping to be able to blog on a regular basis. I was doing really well there for awhile until a new little one came into our lives and totally took stamping and all creativity out of my life. My kids had been wanting a little puppy forever... I thought I would be a good little mommy and give it a try. I found this cute little red colored poodle on a website I'd been following for over a year. I really thought long and hard and then went for it. Well, cute little Copper came into our home. He was the perfect puppy. He was great with the kids and they love, love, loved him....I just had a hard time with all that it took to care for this little guy. I think I probably should have started earlier in the summer? I probably should have had a different set of expectations for what I could get done once he got here? I probably should have managed my time differently? I probably should have known I'd have less time for my kids? I probably should have known I'd get a lot less sleep? I don't know but whatever it was...it wasn't working for me.

So we found Copper a new home with a lovely couple who have had a dog before. They came over, he went to them right away and it seemed to be love at first sight. I am happy to say that our Copper is now living in Philadelphia and going by the name "Rudy." We will visit him in a couple of weeks once he gets adjusted to his new home.

As for my kids...they were sad when he left. Some more than others....we had tears for a day maybe...some how could you remarks for 2 days maybe...but now a week later... the kids are doing fine. The day after he left I took the kids for ice cream and to apologize for sending their dog away, and my youngest (the 5 yr old) says, "Oh, we forgot all about that didn't we?" Well, the older children didn't agree with his proclamation ... but I have to say today they are living as if they did forget all about it...to some degree.

I have to say that when I was about 10 yrs old. My mom got us a puppy and then 2 weeks later she gave him away. I never really understood why she did that to us... but now I totally can!

Thanks for stopping by...now go stamp something!

No comments: