Saturday, October 20, 2012

Come to Bethlehem

We are just a little over two months away from Christmas!!! Can you believe it? I can't. It feels like just last week my kids and I were spending our days at the pool.

Last week I did my first Christmas Paper Party for the 2012 holiday season. The hostess wanted a Christmas theme so I got busy thinking and planning. This is the first of the cards she and her guests made. It uses the Come to Bethlehem (118732), page 20. This layout came straight from the Stampin' Up! Idea Book and Catalog on page 12. The card in the catalog used a different stamp set and oriented the card differently but I pretty much copied everything else. (ha ha) If I were to make more of this particular card I think I would tie the linen thread into a bow. Live and learn. I pre cut the borders to help keep the class moving and it worked. We made this card along with two others and we were done in less than 1- 1/2 hours.

Card recipe:
Stamp set: Come to Bethlehem
Card stock: Old Olive, Riding Hood Red, Whisper White
Ink: Old Olive, Riding Hood Red
Accessories: Rhinestones, Linen Thread

Have you started your Christmas cards yet? Live in the Philly/Delaware/New Jersey area? I can help you get started and even plan a Paper Party for you.

Thanks for stopping by...now go stamp something!
Shop my online store 24/7

No comments: