Sunday, February 10, 2013

MDS2 - Birthday Card for Zoë

(MDS2-Ink Splatter, Piece of Cake Embellishments, Simple Numbers, etc)
My big girl turned 12 years old today! My, my...how time flies by. She wanted to have a sleepover with some of her school friends, so we hosted an overnight sleepover for 8, 11-12 year olds. I sent my husband and my little boys away for the night to make it an all girl event. The girls had a ball. My daughter was thrilled to celebrate and share this time with her friends. Above is the card I made for her. With all of the planning and preparations, I did not have a chance to get into my stampin' space to get the creative juices flowing so I used MDS2 (My Digital Studio 2) to create this hybrid card. A hybrid card is when you create a card that is a combination of digital and paper crafting. I used the MDS2 for the cover of the card. I then layered the front onto Raspberry Ripple card stock (I love the richness of this color). For the final touch, I used Crystal Effects on the balloons. Making them pop and shine. Every card can use a bit of a pop and a shine.

 My daughter and her gal pals. These girls can keep late hours. They are a great group and get along well with each other. This was the easiest sleepover ever! Two weeks a ago my 9 year old son had a sleepover with nine, 9 year olds. The dynamics were incredibly different. One of the many things the girls did was play "hide-and-go-seek" I could have been conducting a business call while they were playing. Two weeks ago, not so much! LOL!
My twelve year old, looking mighty proud! Happy Birthday to "My girl!" She is quite the little lady.

Thanks for stopping by...now go stamp something!

No comments: