Thursday, February 28, 2013

Happy Birthday...You're Amazing

 Last weekend my daughter was going to a sleepover for a friend's birthday and needed a quick card. I decided to use the birthday sentiment from the You're Amazing stamp set. I love the boldness of this stamp and thought it would work well on a card for a 12 year old as well as any age range. I made two cards using the same products with a few slight changes and got two similar looks with a couple of noticeable differences. Both cards also use the cake from the Make a Cake, stamp set, Melon Mambo ink, and Dazzling Diamonds. For the first card, which I actually made second, I used a retired black satin ribbon. I love what black does to a card. It creates a boldness that not many other colors can produce.
For the second card I dug into the embellishments from the Artisan Embellishment Kit found in the Spring Catalog. I decided to use one of the resin flowers. I folded it in half and offset it a bit. I didn't realize their were two flowers in this kit and I think I used both of them on this card. Oh well, whatcha gonna do? This is the one my daughter took with her to the party. I hope her friend liked it!

Card recipe:
Stamp Sets: Make a Cake and You're Amazing
Card Stock: Melon Mambo, Pink Pirouette, and Whisper White
Ink: Black Stayzon Ink and Melon Mambo Ink
Accessories: Black Grosgrain ribbon, Dazzling Diamonds Glitter

Shop my online store anytime 24/7
Thanks for stopping by...now go stamp something

No comments: