Friday, July 26, 2013

A WOW! Swap at Stampin' Up!'s Convention and Much More...


Riverton Home Office Visit
 In years past, I blogged everyday about the Stampin' Up! Convention goings on, but this year it seems every moment was filled with events, friends, and much needed sleep...so I decided to wait until my return home to post about all of the fun. Watch the highlights video: HERE





This year I took the tour of the home office in Riverton. This was an amazing trip. I got to see where orders are boxed up to get ready for shipping....I wonder if one of them was for me...hmmm, I'm just saying....

This is where all the goodies are packaged to be shipped to us happy folks


Thinking of new ideas in the Idea Room



Meeting Up with Friends before Opening Session
While at Stampin' Up!'s Convention, in Salt Lake City, Utah,  I participated in a WOW Swap with 20 fellow demonstrators. A WOW Swap is an event where demonstrators create a card in duplicate that includes a technique that elicits a WOW response from the viewer. Each, participating, demonstrator created 20 copies of their card to "swap," with a group of 20 demonstrators. For each card we gave, we got one in return. This was my first time in an organized swap while at Convention. The cards were awesome!!!! I enjoyed each and every one of them. I am going to begin sharing them with you, one each day.
Today I am featuring my very own swap. To make this card I used the faux layering/framing technique that required sponging and masking. Not exactly sure what you call it but I love the look of it. I came across this video  by Heather North, and decided to give it a try. I think it really adds to a card and creates a faux framing if you will.
For this card, I used:

Serene Silhouettes Stamp Set, p. 64 (wood mount 132073) (clear mount 127324)
Black StazOn ink, p. 165, item # 101406
Daffodil Delight Classic ink, p. 143, item # 126944, and card stock item #119683
Coastal Cabana Classic Ink, p. 141, item # 131175, and card stock item # 131297
Smoky Slate Classic ink, p.145, item # 131179, and card stock item # 131202
Whisper White card stock, p.145, item # 100730
Coastal Cabana 3/8" Ruffle Stretch Trim (Beautiful) item # 130024
Pear Basic Jewels (one of my fav embellishments) item # 119247
Square Lattice Embossing Folder, p.191, item # 119976
Stripes Embossing Folder, p.191, item # 123128
Artisan Label Punch, p. 181, item # 130920
Small Oval Punch, p. 182, item # 120908
Large Oval Punch, p.182, item # 119855
You can get any or all of these products through my online store 24/7
Have a question? Email me HERE


Fun Fact of the Day (Okay, so is it a fact if it's just because, "I say so ?" For now let's say it is)

If you are ever stuck on how to get your card to that WOW factor, just add some ribbon and bling...or pearls that usually helps. And if all else fails, texture is an awesome addition to any card. If you don't own the Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine, you really should consider getting one. It really does help to push your card to the next level.

A great way to get one is to sign up to be demonstrator and put it on your first order. You will get 30% off. Another way, host a Paper Party with me and make a goal of getting to the 50% off item level. I can help you make it happen.

Thanks for stopping by...now go create something.

Shop My Online Store 24/7

No comments: