Friday, January 3, 2014

Boy's Gorgeous Grunge Birthday Card!

How's the weather in your neck of the woods? It's a snowy day here for us on the East Coast. Can you say "Snow Day!" Schools are closed today so lucky me...my kids get a day off of school and I get a day off work. My kids school called to give the wonderful news, then I crossed my fingers and waited for the school district where I work to call. I only had to wait 30 more minutes until my school district started its automated calls. All I can say is "Yippee!!!"  Another day is just what I needed. Sooooo happy. Can you see my grin from here?

Okay, okay, now to that cute card sitting up there.  I make lots of birthday cards but never seem to have a boys birthday card on hand.  I have a surplus of cards but am always in need of a card for a boy. I made this little Circle Thinlit (133480 ) card for my son's 10th birthday. I decided to pull out the Gorgeous Grunge (130514) stamp set and the Midnight Muse and Gumball Green card stock to give it a masculine look and feel.
You can see that I randomly stamped the images from the Gorgeous Grunge stamp set. This is a set we got at Convention 2013. I really LOVE this set. It isn't one I would chose on my own but it is one that once you see what it can do you just gotta have it. On the inside of the card I used the "yay" from the Thinlits set and adhered it to the opposite side of the 10 so when it is opened the yay appears.
My son was thrilled when he opened the card. He was very excited to see what mommy came up with. I am so happy they appreciate the extra time I put in to make special cards for their special day.

Thanks for stopping by...now go create something!

Maureen
Shop my online store 24/7.

No comments: