Wednesday, January 1, 2014

A Joyful Christmas Card to End the Year!

I can't believe it's the last day of 2013!!! I have so many things to be thankful for this year. One of them is the wonderful friends that I have in my life. One such friend is Helene. Isn't this card gorgeous? I was so excited to get this in the mail. It instantly brought a smile to my face. This beauty was sent to me from my friend Helene. Check out her blog HERE. I fell in love with it instantly! The dry embossed gold foil card stock really stole the show on this card and it works so well with the gold embossing on the poinsettia from the Joyful Christmas stamp set (131802). Adorable!!!! This is one of the few stamp set I did not get and wish that I had.
Here is another view of Helene's card so you can see the pretty pearls she added on the card. I love adding pearls and rhinestones to my cards too! I think they add that nice little extra touch that just completes any card.

Since it's the last day of the year, I thought I'd share a few more of my holiday cards with you, so enjoy!!
 Have you made any folder cards? They are all the rage. Here is my take on it. I saw this technique first from my second level upline and friend, Gail Murray. There are many videos out there to show you how to make with step by step instructions. All you need is an envelope punch (133774) and you are more than half-way there.
I love having a space to write a special note. I gave a few of these cards out to friends at work. I really love using washi tape. It goes on so easily and makes an impression. This card uses the Embellished Events (131984) stamp set and Sassy Salutations (132070) stamp set.
 This card I cased from a fellow stamper. It's one that I used for my Holiday card class. It was a hit! Everyone loved the gold border. It makes the rest of the card pop. Don't look too close or you'll notice my oops. This was the only one I had left to take a pic of. I gave the rest of them away. This card uses the Lovely As a Tree (128655) stamp set, which is a demonstrator favorite.
My last two holiday cards of the 2013 season to share feature the Festive Flurry (131778) stamp set and coordinating Framelit Dies (132193). I have had sooo much fun using this stamp set and die from cards to tags and even on scrapbook pages. Can't wait to share those with you in the New Year! Come and check back with me in 2014. Wow...2014!!!! Enjoy your last day in 2013!

Thanks for stopping by...now go create something!

Maureen

No comments: