Sunday, August 31, 2008

One Day and Two Birthdays

It's been awhile since I've been able to stamp. I returned to work this week and it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. It was actually fun to see all of my colleagues again and engage in some fun adult conversation. With my busy week there was no time for stamping. Yeah, I know, how did I survive? Well, I knew birthdays were approaching and since I don't spend a cent on cards anymore I knew there would be a light at the end of the tunnel. So, Friday night I was indeed a very happy stamping mom down in my basement. My wonderful husband knew that his dear wife needed some rejuvenation so he volunteered to get the children ready for bed and he put them to bed. I smiled my way all the way down the stairs, turned on my TV and got busy!

Both my mother in-law and my brother in-law share the same birthday. To celebrate we all went out for a yummy dinner. But first I created these cards to celebrate these two special people.

This Wild Wasabi card was designed by my 2nd level upline, Gail. I changed a couple of things but it is pretty much all her. Isn't she amazing? I stamped an Hh and then the definition for happy in the upper right hand corner.
This card uses Define Your Life and Defining Alphabet stamp sets.
Cardstock: Retired Wild Wasabi, Chocolate Chip, Whisper White, Retired Wasabi prints paper, and Retired scallop card
Ink: Wild Wasabi and Chocolate Chip
Striped Wild Wasabi ribbon
I also used the Pretties kit
I placed a picture of our kids inside the card. She loved it!












The more mustard card was for my brother in-law. I used VersaMark ink and the Wanted stamp set. I find myself using this set repeatedly when stamping for the males in my life. It's funny because when I received this set at convention last year I really wasn't moved by it, but now I really enjoy using it and feel drawn to it.

Card Recipe:
Stamp set: Wanted
Cardstock: More Mustard, Night of Navy, and Ruby Red
Ink: VersaMark and Night of Navy
Hodgepodge Hardware
I like what the hodgepodge did for this card. This was Q&S short for quick and simple! My brother in-law wasn't able to make it but we will see him later today.

Hope you are having a great day...Now go stamp something :-)

I just had my computer reimaged at work and am having problems uploading my pictures. I will continue trying. Please check back.

No comments: