Sunday, February 22, 2009

A Bit of Patterned Paper


I was watching Kristina Werner's Make A Card Monday where she used a piece of patterned paper to replace a portion of the bottom half of a card. She folded a piece of 5-1/2 X 8-1/2 cardstock as you would for a normal card. Then she cut 2" off of the bottom of the card on one side and adhered patterned paper in its' place. I liked how hers turned out so much that I decided to try it on a card. This is what I came up with for a recent stamping get together/workshop for a friend of mine from work. We stamped 5 cards. I'll share some today and the rest during this week. I used my handy dandy blender pen for the coloring and some Crystal effects. I love what Crystal Effects does for a card!




Card Recipe:
Stamp set: Hand Drawn Bundle
Cardstock: Elegant Eggplant, Old Olive, Whisper White, and Hand Drawn Designer Series Paper
Ink: Elegant Eggplant, Old Olive (with a blender pen)
Accessories: Ribbon



This next card was cased from my fabulous upline, Jacki. Isn't she creative? I finally got and used my Big Shot and yes I live this machine! The ladies really liked this card. It is a super easy card to stamp and has an elegant look to it. I gave this card to my sister for her birthday. I left it at he house so I wasn't there when she opened it. I am sure I will hear from her soon. This card was the last one I came up with to prepare for my class. I thought I had the patterned paper I needed and at the last minute I realized I didn't. I was on my way to the workshop but stopped by my friend's house, who was also going. I showed her the last card I was cutting for and she said, "I have something that will work for that," so the patterned paper is compliments of my friend, Sam. So, I have two thank you's for this card. Jacki, for the idea and Sam for the paper:-)




Card Recipe:
Stamp set: Baroque Motifs and Warmest Regards
Cardstock: Pink Pirouette, Whisper White, Certainly Celery, and Certainly Celery Patterned Paper
Ink: Pink Pirouette, and Certainly Celery
Accessories: Ribbon and Rhinestone brads



Thanks for stopping by...now go stamp something!

No comments: