Tuesday, February 24, 2009

More Weekend Stamping


I am sharing more cards from this past weekend. I had so much fun laughing and talking on Friday with my friends. I love it when we get an opportunity to get together and stamp. I am sure they enjoy it even more since they just have to show up:-) I do all the work and it really is worth it every moment of it. Here is the card that many of my stamper friends chose as their favorite of the night. It's one of the cards where I labored over what else I should add to the card to make it more complete. They felt it was fine just as is. There was very little stamping needed for this card. It mainly called for patterned paper, ribbon and that was it. I think they liked it most because it was easy to stamp. They aren't fans of ribbon tying so this technique of wrapping the ribbon around the card worked well for them. I just like the colors.

Card Recipe:
Stamp set: Fresh Cuts
Cardstock: Close To Cocoa, Pink Pirouette, Very Vanilla, and candy Lane designer series paper
Ink: Riding Hood Red
Accessories: Ribbon



Here is another card from my weekend stamping event. This card was one of my favorite cards of the bunch. It just came together so easily. I started out stamping the image and then thinking...hmmm I wonder how it would look if I stamped it again, slightly to the left in a darker color. A shadow emerged and I fell in love. I usually have a hard time finding colors that can be male and female, so I love it when I can find a color that works well for both. I think the hemp twine also helps to give it a little bit of a tough look.

Card Recipe:
Stamp Set: Upsy Daisy
Cardstock: Kraft, Whisper White, Baja Breeze, Pacific Point
Accessories: Hemp Twine

If you like these cards and would like me to plan a party for you and your friends email me and we can set one up. These are so much fun I forget that I am really "working!"

Thanks for stopping by...now go stamp something!

No comments: