Thursday, July 8, 2010

Because I Care


It has been awhile since I have blogged. My life has been so busy. The school year ended so my kids and I are enjoying our days at home together. Last weekend we hosted a surprise birthday at our house for my younger brother, Lance. He turned 40 so it was a big day, so much of fun with family and friends, and more planning than I care to discuss. Now that, that is over, I feel that I can now try to turn some of my attention back to one of my truest joys....stamping.



It was so refreshing to get back into my stamping area and crank out a card...finally. I decided to use the new Marina Mist card stock and I am really loving this color. It is such a pretty blue. I pulled out the New Color Coach and it suggested Cajun Craze as a complimentary color, so I went with it. I really like these two colors together. I used marker to color in the image on the flower and stem and then stamped the wording in Marina Mist.

Card Recipe:
Stamp set: Because I Care
Card stock: Marina Mist, Cajun Craze, Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla
Ink/Markers: Cajun Craze, Old Olive, Marina Mist
Accessories: Old Olive Striped Grosgrain
Backgrounds 1 Texturz Plates

Thanks so much for stopping by...now go stamp something. I finally did:-)

1 comment:

Jacki Montgomery said...

Welcome Back! I love the circles on the left side of the card. I'm thinking I need to steal that idea.