Friday, July 9, 2010

A Chic Hello!



I am still playing with Stampin' Up!'s new color renovation. I recently went ahead and took out all of the retired Stampin' Up! colors to make room for the new color collections. I photographed them sitting on the shelf looking for a home???? If you are in need of any retired colors, markers and ink refills give me an offer and I will send them your way.

After taking out the retired colors I had so much room left over that I put back some of my favs of the retired ones that I am having a hard time parting with. All I need now is to get the new In Color classic ink pads and my collection will be complete. I also need the River Rock ink pad. I'm not really sure why I don't already have that ink pad. I love the color and even remember crafting with it but can't find it. I guess I sold it.


Here is my card for today. I used the Chic Boutique stamp set. (I won this set last year at convention. That was so exciting! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for winning something fun this year.) For this card I used Pink Pirouette and Cherry Cobbler. I really like the richness of the Cherry Cobbler. I am seeing some great Christmas scrapbooking in my future with this awesome color. I tried something different with the ribbon that I have seen on other cards. I used glue dots to fold over the ribbon in a cascading way. I think it gave it jooged up my card a bit.

Card Recipe:
stamp set: Chic Boutique
Ink: Pink Pirouette, Cherry Cobbler, So Saffron, Close to Cocoa, Versamark, Basic Black
Card stock: Pink Pirouette, Cherry Cobbler, Whisper White
Accessories: Black grosgrain ribbon, yellow rhinestone brad


Well, thanks for stopping by...now go stamp something!
Have a wonderful weekend!

No comments: