Friday, February 18, 2011

3 Cards for A Party



Okay, so YES, I know Valentine's Day is over but I just had to share this card. This is one of the cards that we made last weekend and by we, I mean 11 little stampers ranging in age from 7-9. There was also a super cute and very attentive 3 yr. old:-) Her grandmother stayed nearby and helped her through each step. LOVED HER!!!
Last weekend I was the entertainment for a seven year old's birthday party. I enlisted the assistance of my ten year old. I am so glad I did. She was so very helpful and patient as always. The girls were all so cute and fun to stamp with. We stamped 3 easy cards. I tried to simplify everything from pre cutting the scalloped edges, to pre-tying the ribbon, pre punching the owl, the tree, and more. I used colors that were faves of the birthday girl and even added glitter to one of the cards. What little girl doesn't love glitter, right? For the Valentine's Day, card the girls got to choose from colorful candy corn or red m&m's. I didn't get a picture of a card with the m&m's and sadly, I just finished eating the ones that remained.

Card Recipe:
Stamp set: Retired (Can't Remember the name)
Card stock: Real Red, Whisper White, Glimmer Paper, Love Impressions Specialty Designer paper
Ink: Real Red
Accessories: Red Grosgrain Ribbon, Twine, and Heart Treat cups

This card was a hit. The girls ooohed when I pulled it out. I tried to stick with all wood mounted stamps for the girls. I wanted to be sure that the stamps would stay in place for them.
Card Recipe:
stamp set:Crazy for Cupcakes
Card stock:Melon Mambo, Concord Crush, Basic Black, Whisper White, and dsp
Ink: Basic Black
Accessories: Glittter

This is probably my favorite card and it is totally cased:-) This lovely card was inspired by a card by Ilina Crouse. She is such a talented and creative beauty. So, my card looks almost like, kind of, pretty close to hers but uses different paper and a different stamp set. The dimensions for this card are 4-1/4 X 5-1/2.
Card Recipe:
Stamp set: Retired Cheery Chat (One of my favorites)
Card Stock: Retired Only Orange, Current- Whisper White, Sweet Stitches Designer Series Paper
Ink: Melon Mambo
Accessories: Owl Punch, Googly eyes

Hope you like todays cards.
Thanks for stopping by, now go stamp something!

No comments: