Thursday, February 10, 2011

She's Rockin' 10!


Ten years ago I gave birth to a beautiful baby girl. My baby girl turned 10 years old today! I can't believe 10 years has flown by so quickly. She's about up to my nose a only 1 - 1/2 shoe sizes smaller than me.I think she will bypass me in every way within the next two years...except her clothes size. Thin as a pin...okay maybe a stick:-)

This card was inspired by a fellow blogger. Tammy Hershberger By inspired, I mean cased. I saw this card on her blog and knew my daughter would love having one visually similar. I used many of the same elements just swapping out some of the designer series paper that she used for hers with different sheets that I had on hand.
My new 10 year old was pretty pleased with her card. There are many steps to this finished piece but the end result brought a smile to my daughter's face, so the time put in was well worth the effort. Isn't always about the end result though? Sometimes lack of time gets the better of me and I have to scale down on the embellishments. For this card I used the Grunge Rock stamp set because I think it is the perfect amount of girlie and very appropriate for my guitar playing daughter. I put Crystal Effects on the guitar to make it puff out a bit. I had forgotten about the bit of extra the Crystal Effects adds to a card. I have two more cards using Crystal Effects comin up so stay tuned and check back.

Card Recipe:
Stamp set: Grunge Rock
Card stock: Melon Mamba, Very Vanilla, Basic Black, Brushed Silver, Love Letter dsp, and Newsprint dsp
Ink: Melon Mambo, Basic Black
Accessories:Ribbon and crystal effects

Thanks for stopping by...now go stamp something!

No comments: