Wednesday, February 2, 2011

It's A Cupcake Thang!


Happy Groundhog Day! Let's hope since he didn't see his shadow that spring really does come early. Here in the Northeast we have been experiencing a few mornings of ice storms. I love snow, but ice...not so much!
Here is the 3rd card from my recent card class. This one features the Love Letter designer series paper and the cupcake from Crazy for Cupcakes. Don't you just ADORE this cute cupcake? I think this paper has such a rich, regal look to it. It makes me feel special just looking at it. Did you notice the button? Isn't it huge? I love the bit of interest it adds to the card. For the image, I tried water coloring with ink drippings from my Riding Hood Red ink pad, Watercolor Wonder Crayons, and a blender pen. Funny story about this card....I didn't get it finished until after setting up for the card class. I was assembling the card and trying to finalize where and how to put the sentiment when in walks my friends seven year old son, so I decide to ask him what he thinks about the card and what I should use for the sentiment. I was really just making small talk but he suggested I punch out this particular sentiment because it would fit perfectly on the card above the image...I was thinking below but went along with his suggestion and I think...and by think, I mean know....he was right!

Card Recipe:
Stamp set: Crazy for Cupcakes, Fun & Fast Notes
Card stock: Riding Hood Red, Always Artichoke, Water Color paper, Love Letter designer series paper.
Ink: Riding Hood Red ink, Basic Grey and Summer Sun Water color Wonder Crayons
Accessories: Buttons, twine, Striped Grosgrain ribbon

Thanks for stopping by...now go stamp something!

No comments: