Monday, March 21, 2011

More with A Slice of Life!




My friend, Sarah, recently had a beautiful baby boy that I have yet to meet. I am going over there this week and can't wait to actually meet him....and smell him:-) I love and miss the smell of babies. His pictures are adorable. His siblings are super cute so how could he be anything less:-) Sarah has this awesome blog where you can see her beautiful family. Her middle son and my son are best buds. We count on each other a lot to help out with sporting events for the boys.If you can't tell by now, Sarah is someone I aspire to be like. You name it and she does it...okay well maybe not stamp but everything else...she does it. She is an awesome person and a great friend. Sad part...she and her family are heading west this spring/summer. They were here for five years while her husband did his residency in Philadelphia. I met her a few months after they arrived. Lucky me:-)

Anyway, I am sharing two cards with you that I created using the Slice of Life stamp set. I recently saw someone use the lace punch to create a frame so I tried it and I LOVE the way it turned out. You start out with a 3 X 3 square piece of cardstock. You center it on the punch, then punch it on each side of the square and the frame is the end result. Watch out because you will be seeing more cards to come with a variety of frames.

Card Recipe:
Stamp set: Slice of Life and a word stamp....
Card stock:
card one: Bashful Blue, Whisper White
card two: Crumb Cake, Whisper White, Certainly Celery
Ink: Basic Black, Bashful Blue, Certainly Celery
Accessories: Green Buttons, Linen Thread

Thanks for stopping by...now go stamp something!

No comments: