Saturday, March 5, 2011

Baby Shower Fun




Yesterday was a beautiful day to celebrate a new life. My sister in-law is expecting her second child, due this April. Her shower was yesterday. I volunteered to make both the invites and the favors. Last month I shared the shower invites that I made for the special day. Today I am sharing these quick and easy candy bar covers that I made for the shower as favors and the card to go with my gift.

I used Stampin' Up!'s MDS (My Digital Studio) to create the design for the candy bar covers. It was pretty simple. I started with an 8- 1/2 X 11 inch blank sheet of paper. I then selected the square punch and elongated it to make it a long rectangle to reach across the sheet of paper. I filled it in with Daffodil Delight Designer Series paper. I then selected the square punch again and stretched it across the dsp making it thinner and thinner and centered it. I filled it in with Mellow Moss. I used the scallop edge punch and aligned it to the sides of the mellow moss elongated square. Next, I created a text box for the wording and selected white for the color. For the scallop circle on the top, I selected the scallop circle and filled in with the same dsp. Then I selected the small circle punch and centered it in the scallop circle and filled it in white. I selected the border and put it around the edge of the scallop circle and around the small circle. For the wording I selected the So Worth the Wait stamp from the Word Play stamp set and placed it in the center of my little circle resizing it to make it fit. I colored in the wording in Mellow Moss. Once, I cut out the wrapper I used my scallop edge punch to scallop the edges on the wrapper. I then used sticky tape to adhere it around a candy bar. I punched two holes in the scallop circle, pulled Daffodil Delight satin ribbon through the holes and tied it around the candy bar. It sounds like a lot, but it really wasn't and I LOVE the finished product. The Shower guests thought they were cute too!

For the card I got to play with my Textured Impressions folder and try out the Beveled Windowpanes. I used the sleeper image that I used on the invites. It is from A Slice of Life stamp set.

Hope you like them.
Thanks for stopping by...now go stamp something!

No comments: