Tuesday, April 22, 2008

A Cosmo Wedding!




Over the weekend I went to the most FABULOUS wedding for a colleague friend of mine, Vicky and her groom, Rick. It was a beautiful wedding ceremony and Vicky was a gorgeous bride. She beamed through the entire ceremony. She and Rick looked so happy together. I almost cried and it takes a lot for me to well up in public. They truly make a lovely couple. Another colleague/friend of mine, Sam, and I went together leaving our hubbys behind. My friend, Sam, introduced me to the delicious drink...A Cosmopolitan! Yum, yum, yummy is all I can say. What a delightful drink. This was my first time ever trying this. I usually go for my regular White Zinfadel or a Kahlua and cream but with a little bubbly peer pressure I went for something a tadbit stronger and it was soooo worth trying. Sam and I had so much fun being carefree and silly together. We danced the night away. It is a rare event that either of us gets out without our children so not only did we have fun celebrating a new union being formed by our colleague and her groom but also took advantage of our "5 minutes peace" from our kids and husbands, with a drink in hand! I am so not the regular drinker so don't think I am a lush or anything. I probably have no more than 6 drinks a year which is why this was such a BIG event for me.

This card uses Stampin' Up! stamps of course.... Love them, love them lots!!! All I use.
I decided to make it simple. I love the look of black and white. It creates such an elegance which is perfect for a wedding card. Hope the happy couple like the card. They are off to Hawaii for 9 days. Lucky couple. I've got to get there soon!
cardstock: Whisper white, Basic Black
Ink: Basic Black, Rose Red and Certainly Celery Stampin' Write markers
Black ribbon and Rich Regal rose brads.

No comments: