Thursday, April 3, 2008

Loads of Love for The Man In your Life


All materials copyright Stampin' Up!
Stamp set: Loads of Love
Cardstock: Chocolate Chip, Certainly Celery, Naturals Ivory, Close to Cocoa
Accessories: Jumbo eyelets, brads, hodgepodge hardware, Apricot grosgrain ribbon, 1/2" circle punch
I half punched some of my circles to create a more random look. I put brads inside of the jumbo brads for a different look.
I have found that I have tons of female birthday cards and so very few masculine ones. I am always scrambling when I am in need of a card for a guy so I made it a mission to create a card with the males in my life in mind. Next time I will focus on a card for a little boy. I also have lots of cards for little girls. It's just so much easier to do!

I decided to try the Sketch Challenge on Splitcoast for the first time in my life! It was SO much fun and much easier to accomplish than I thought. I think I may become a regular with this. It really forced me to be creative and form a card so far from my usual! It's something I've wanted to do for awhile but never could find the time. It just so happened that I stayed home from work today because my little one hasn't been feeling well this week. My husband has been away on business. He returns tomorrow. Can't wait! My in-laws have been a huge help this week with my son, picking up and then bringing him back in the evening, while I dropped my other children off and headed off to work. After three days of this I felt my son needed his mama so I stayed home wit hima nd got to stamp while he napped. It was some kind of wonderful!

No comments: