Sunday, October 26, 2008

Halloween Treats Complete!







For the last couple of weeks my kids have been busy packaging and decorating little treat bags for their school friends. They have worked hard, stamping, coloring, and adhering their little works of art. This was a very simple and easy project that I could involve them in where they could have a bit of control on the final outcome.

First the kids stuffed their medium gusset bags with pretzels and pixie sticks. We then used the Ghostly dsp from Stampin' Up! to create bag toppers. My daughter stapled all of the toppers onto the bags for my son and herself. She really enjoyed being in charge of this part and she did a wonderful job of it too!

























Now to the most time consuming part. My daughter first, stamped her images, I helped my son steady the rubber to stamp his images and then they were busy with coloring using my daughters colored pencils. This coloring lasted a couple of evenings until completion.






































These are my daughters completed colored images, layered onto additional cardstock before adhering to the bag toppers.

















Once the coloring was done. I cut pumpkin pie and basic black cardstock for layering the images to be placed on the bag toppers. My daughter used adhesive to adhere her images to the bag toppers while my son used an anywhere glue stick to adhere his images.















Now the bags are all set and ready to be on their way to school.

No comments: