Sunday, June 22, 2008

Our Daughter, the Dancer



I bought this stamp set long ago with the intent to use it for scrapbooking pages for my daughter. She has been taking dance lessons for three years now and this is the first time the rubber from this set has come into any kind of contact with ink! Today is her recital and I sat down last night and created this little number for her. Again, I am using my new love....Basic Gray cardstock and ink.

(More on this later... the little ones want to eat...)

I am back after a spaghetti and meatball lunch break for the kiddos and me too!

Now back to the card. I decided to color in the image to brighten it up a bit. I thought I should blend in make some brown legs on this one to make it a closer image to my daughter. She appreciates and notices the brown. She comments if ever I forget. She keeps me correct:-) I tried to keep it simple and use my paper piercing tool to make little holes along the edge of the center image. I am pretty happy with the way it turned out. I hope she likes it.
Stamp sets: En Pointe and Warm Words
Ink: Regal Rose, Basic Bray, Creamy Caramel
Cardstock: Kraft, Basic Gray, and Regal Rose
Accessories: Regal Rose Grosgrain

No comments: