Sunday, July 13, 2008

A Ribbon Jar

After receiving one of these from my Secret Stamper (Jean), I decided to try my hand at making one for the person I've been surprising. This was more tricky than I thought. Finding a jar at ACMOORE was incredibly easy. Covering the lid...easy, stamping the flowers and adding the brad...easy. Creating holes at the top and adding an eyelet with my cropodile...still easy. But this is where the easy part ended. The challenging part.....finding ribbon that was both festive enough and thin enough to fit through the little hole in the eyelet. Had I planned ahead I would have purchased some non SU ribbon to make this easier. SU! ribbon tends to be thicker due to its' excellent quality. This is usually a good thing but not when making a ribbon jar. After much searching I had success with some of the thinner ribbons in the ribbon originals packs. A sigh of relief happened here. Last I wanted to do as my Secret Stamper did and adhere ribbon around the jar. One would think this would be easy but for me it wasn't. The ribbon kept sliding off. At first I tried to wrap it around and use 2 dimensionals to hold it all together. Didn't work for me so I then decided to add some glue dots around the jar to hold the ribbon in place and I added another dimensional and found success. It was more work than I thought but I do like the outcome and hope she likes it too! She should have it by now. I hope I have made her feel as special as Jean has made me feel.

No comments: