Saturday, February 22, 2014

A Starburst Sayings Birthday!

I am absolutely loving this Starburst stamp set! I made this fun little card for a friend of my daughter's. My daughter and many of her friends are all turning 13 this month and next. New teenagers! Her friend's favorite color is pink so I chose the pink hues of Primrose Petals and Blushing Bride card stock along with Basic Black and Whisper White. I stamped the Oh' Happy Day image using Black Stazon ink onto Whisper White card stock. It's hard to see but I layered it onto the fun Silver Glimmer paper. I wanted to create a border around the Oh' Happy Day image. The next larger die size was way too big so I decided to use the same sized Framelit on the silver paper and just cut in closer on the Oh' Happy Day image. The layering is very noticeable to the naked eye...it just didn't come through well in my photo. If you look closely you can see it.

                        
On the inside of the card I adhered the number 13 in the fancy Silver Glimmer paper. My daughter added a cute message and was all set to go to her friend's sleepover. I'm sure very little sleeping happened last night. I'll be picking up a very sleepy girl in a few hours. Hope you are enjoying your Saturday. We have a basketball game and a soccer game to get to. I can't wait! I really do enjoy watching my kids play. It's fun to see their competitive side. Hope they win! This is the BIG game for soccer. Keep your fingers crossed. I'll tell you all about it tomorrow.

Thanks for stopping by...now go create something!
Shop my online store 24/7.

No comments: