Friday, February 14, 2014

A Glimmery Valentine's Day


Happy Heart Day! 

Can you say "Glimmer?" I put a lot of glimmer into this years Valentine's Day cards and am very pleased with how they each turned out. This first one is for my hubby. Sometimes I need a bit of inspiration to get started stamping...and today was one of those days. I came across this wonderful card on my blog hopping trails. It was inspired by Chat's lovely card. See it HERE. I love cards that are both simple and elegant. I changed the color scheme and used Designer Series paper in place of stamping the background and of course I added a glimmery heart. I used the new Boutique Embossing machine for my dry embossing. It was super easy. Lots more winding of the handle but super easy to pull out and use. I will definitely be taking it with me to my upcoming Paper Parties. This card also uses a Your So Lovely, Sale-A-Bration stamp set,  Gorgeous Grunge, and the Chevron background stamp.
This card, I made for my darling daughter. It was inspired by Ilina Crouse. She is an amazing stamper. See her original card HERE. I love the sentiment from the Vivid Vases single stamp. I used my Stampin' Write marker and inked up just the wording. It's a pretty simple and clean looking card, just what I was in the mood for. I hope my Zoë girl likes it!
I made a few of these cards for my boys. It is a 4" X 4" size card. Perfect for my little boys. They will be happy with this small size. I decided to layer the glimmer paper for this one. I love the way the silver glimmer paper makes the red stand out. The pattern paper is from the Fresh Prints Designer Series Paper Pack  (132996) in the Occasions catalog. The stack has so many pretty pages to choose from and so many with the color red. This one here became my instant favorite. I also used it on the card for my hubby. Again, I used the sentiment from the Vivid Vases (133818)  single stamp.

Well, I am off to get our busy day started. We will be having heart shaped waffles just before I run off to work. We have a 2 hour delay due to all of yesterday and this morning's snow. My lucky kiddos have the day off and get to stay home with my hubby. Hope you are enjoying Valentine's Day with your loved ones.

Thanks for stopping by...now go create something!
Shop my online store 24/7




No comments: