Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Oh' Happy Day with Eastern Elegance

I may have said this already and if, so just pretend you're hearing it for the first time...  I think I have a new favorite stamp set.  It's the Starburst Sayings stamp set from the Celebrate the Everyday Occasions catalog. I especially love the Framelits Dies that coordinate with this set. It is a 6 piece stamp set with sayings for a few different occasions. the oh' Happy Day, just happens to be my favorite of the bunch. I was inspired by a card made by Jacque Williams. I changed the color combination and the dsp.
If you want to step up your card a bit you can add some texture to the base. This happened just by chance. My 7 year old wanted to "help," so he asked if he could run my white sheets through the Big Shot. Of course I said yes and I am so glad I did. He used the Decorative Dots Embossing folder and stuck 2 sheets of Whisper White card stock in at a time and they came out perfectly. He had so much fun doing this. I better keep my eye on my card stock and him or all of my card stock will mysteriously become dry embossed. Lol! I also added the little celebrate image from the Starburst stamp set just to add a little bit extra to my card.
Here is the same card with two different images as the focal point. I'm not sure which card I like best. Now, I just need to think of someone to send them to.

Card Recipe:
Stamp set: Starburst Sayings (133182)
Card stock: Coastal Cabanna, Crushed Curry, Smoky Slate, and Whisper White card stock
Eastern Elegance Designer Series paper
Ink: Coastal Cabana and Crushed Curry
Accessories: White Taffeta Ribbon Starburst Framelits Dies
Starburst Sayings
Starburst Sayings stamp set 133182

Starburst Framelits Dies
Starburst Framelits Dies 132967

Thanks for stopping by...now go create something!
Shop my online store 24/7

No comments: