Friday, February 24, 2012

A Beau Chateau Birthday



Oh what fun it was to fiddle around to make this card! This is quite the layered card! I scrummaged around in my scrap box and found these papers and thought I'd put them together to make a birthday card. Turning, layering, cutting, and filing papers and finally adhering it altogether to make a card unlike my usual creations. I wanted to try out the envelope die and use it on a card. I am very proud of the outcome. I don't yet have a recipient for this card, I am going to file it away for someone special.

Inside the envelope I placed a little tag and stamped a birthday cake on it with a little candle. I used the glitter glue to make the cake shine a bit. I stapled some ribbon on my tag and stuck it in the envelope. Next, I added pearls to the envelope because pearls always add a special touch.

Card Recipe:
stamp set: Patterned Party and a sentiment from Easy Events
Paper: Pixie Pink, Very Vanilla, Pink Pirouette, Soft Suede, and Beau Chateau dsp
Misc: pearls, Vanilla Seam Binding, buttons

No comments: