Thursday, July 5, 2012

It's A Girl! - Baby Prints

How was your Independence Day? Ours was ssooo hot! I think I got heat exhaustion! We walked in a local parade in the morning. The parade was in the town where my husband works. Each year his company walks and gives out flags and candy to the people watching the parade. This was the first year the kids and I joined him. Our kids were not very happy to wake up early and participate...but once it got started they had so much fun! By the end of the parade they were asking if we could do it again next year. After the parade we went out to eat then back home my husband and I both began to feel light headed. So...needless to say our pool plans were canceled but we still did grill later in the night and it was yummy.

Today's card is for our neighbors. They recently added to their family, a beautiful baby girl. In her honor I made this sweet little card in soft colors using the Twitterpated dsp along with Pink Pirouette and Whisper White card stock. This was a fun, quick, and easy to make. I just love girlie things. I used the Baby Prints stamp set p. 63, to stamp the little hands in Pink Pirouette and then in the Riding Hood Red ink I stamped it's a girl on top. I added my signature ribbon (smile), some white baker's twine and a butterfly with two pearls p. 175. Can you see the crinkles in the butterfly? Well, I just folded it several times and then crunched it to give it a more life like appearance.

Thanks for stopping by...now go stamp something!

No comments: