Friday, July 6, 2012

Make a Cake Birthday Card

Happy Friday! Have you bought this stamps set yet? It's called, Make a Cake, p. 44. It was one of the first sets that I bought in the new catalog. I love the versatility of the cake. There are several ways you can build it and many options for decorating it. I added some  Dazzling Details to make it sparkle a bit. Not too long ago I saw a card that used the Decorative Label punch, p. 182, and the punch was matted. I liked it so much I decided to copy that technique for this card. I Crumb Cake for the matting, by punching two additional Crumb Cake pieces. I cut them each in half. One the long way and the other across the middle. I then adhered them in a frame like fashion around the cake stamped on the Very Vanilla card stock. It looks like another punch but it is more of a pieced together framing. Quite easy to do and adds to the focal point on this card.

This card follows the same simple layout of the card I posted two days ago. There are a couple of differences. I added a strip of the First Edition Specialty paper, p. 162 and another of my favorite accessories, Antique Brads, p. 174.

Card Recipe:
Stamp set: Make a Cake, Made for You
Card stock: Very Vanilla, Tangerine Tango, Crumb Cake, and Summer Smooches & First Edition dsp
Ink: Tangerine Tango
Accessories: Antique Brads, Very Vanilla Seam Binding Ribbon

Thanks for stopping by...now go stamp something!

No comments: